What is DHEA?
DHEA is a naturally occurring hormone made in our body. It can also be made synthetically in the laboratory from wild yam and soy. Our body is unable to make DHEA from these sources, so this means you can't increase DHEA levels by eating wild yam or soy.
What is DHEA Commonly Used For?
• DHEA is used to slow down the aging process, enhancing cognitive skills in older people, and reducing the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
• DHEA is popular with bodybuilders and other athletes looking to increase muscle size, strength, and energy. However, DHEA is banned by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
• DHEA is popular with men for erectile dysfunction (ED), and with women that want to improve sexuality and overall well-being.
• DHEA is also used for fat loss, for reducing menopausal symptoms, and for boosting the immune system.
• DHEA is being investigated by the FDA and may at some point be approved as a prescription drug for treating systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and increasing bone mineral density in female lupus patients.
How does DHEA work?
DHEA is classified as a “parent hormone” that is produced by the adrenal glands. Additionally DHEA also secreted by the testes in men. It changes to a hormone called androstenedione, which is then changed into the major male and female hormones.
DHEA levels decrease as we age. Additionally, DHEA levels appear to be reduced in people with conditions like depression.
What are Common Dosages?
|• In postmenopausal women and in elderly men: Doses of 25-50 mg daily are used.
• For replacement of hormones (androgen deficiency): 25-50 mg once per day
• For erectile dysfunction: 50 mg per day.
• For schizophrenia: doses as follows: 25 mg daily for 2 weeks, 25 mg two times daily for 2 weeks, and 50 mg two times daily for 2 weeks.
• For systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE): 200 mg per day.
• For osteoporosis: 50-100 mg per day.
Are there any supplement interactions?
Soy - Soy may reduce DHEA's effects, therefore limit use of soy while taking DHEA.
Always check with your doctor before taking before taking any supplement, discuss any medications you may be taking to determine any possible interactions.
Sci-Fit DHEA 50 60 Capsules
Sci-Fit DHEA 100 60 Capsules
Sci-Fit DHEA 200 60 Capsules
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
DHEA - 100mg
Magnesium Stearate, Gelatin
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule prior to bed and 1 capsule immediately upon waking, or as directed by your physician.
For adult use only. Not for use by children, teenagers, pregnant or lactating women. Do not take if you are taking any prescription medication or under a physician's care. Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
* No claims found on this web page or in print have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. No claim or opinion about weight loss, bodybuilding or general health on this web page is intended to be, nor should be construed to be, medical advice. Please consult with a healthcare professional before starting any weight loss diet or exercise program.