Whey protein is milk-derived and extremely bio-available, fast acting, and economical, and it has a lot of qualities that make it better than other protein sources, particularly for the athlete. This kind of protein is top of the line as far as quality goes. Protein digestibility corrected amino acid score (PDCAAS) is a new system for determining protein quality, and is used to establish percent daily value for this nutrient on food labels. The maximum PDCAAS is 1.00, and whey protein has a PDCAAS of 0.99-1.00.
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein supplements are among the best available. Consumers constantly class these protein powders as top on their lists. 100% whey protein supplies the correct balance of amino acids as well as a high concentration of branch chain amino acids. The end result is enhanced nitrogen retention and muscle growth. Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein is tasty, and being an instant formula, it mixes easily with a spoon.
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard Highlights:
• Rich in Branched Chain Amino Acids and Glutamine Peptides
• Instantized - Mixes easily with a spoon
• Whey Protein Isolates from Cross Flow Micro-filtration and Ion Exchange
• Low Molecular Weight and Partially Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides
• Ultra-filtered Whey Protein Concentrate
• Very Low Lactose
IllPumpYouUp.com Video Review
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard 1 Pounds
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard 2 Pounds
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard 5 Pounds
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard 10 Pounds
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard Variety Pack 16 pk
One scoop supplies the following ingredients:
Total Calories - 110
Calories From Fat - 10
Total Fat - 1.5g 2*%
Saturated Fat - 0.5g 3*%
Cholesterol - 10mg 4*%
Sodium - 40mg 2%
Potassium - 220mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates - 3g 1*%
Sugars - 1g **%
Protein - 23g 46*%
Calcium - 150mg 15*%
L-Leucine - 2470mg
L-Isoleucine - 1520mg
L-Valine - 1440mg
L-Lysine - 2120mg
L-Methionine - 440mg
L-Phenylalanine - 670mg
L-Threonine - 1720mg
L-Tryptophan - 240mg
L-Alanine - 1380mg
L-Arginine - 480mg
L-Aspartic Acid - 2490mg
L-Cystine - 440mg
L-Glycine - 530mg
L-Histidine - 400mg
L-Proline - 1540mg
L-Serine - 1240mg
L-Tyrosine - 590mg
Glutamine - 3870mg
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**Daily Value not established.
Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, and Whey Peptides) Cocoa, Artificial Flavor, Lecithin, Acesulfame Potassium.
To encourage a positive nitrogen balance, consume approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day from a combination of high protein foods and supplements. For even better results, consume your daily protein allotment over 4-6 small meals spread evenly throughout the day.
As a dietary supplement, mix 1 heaping scoop of 100% Whey Protein with 6-8 fluid ounces (depending on desired consistency) of cold water, skim milk or your favorite beverage.
For use as a dietary supplement only. Do not use for weight reduction. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
* No claims found on this web page or in print have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. No claim or opinion about weight loss, bodybuilding or general health on this web page is intended to be, nor should be construed to be, medical advice. Please consult with a healthcare professional before starting any weight loss diet or exercise program.