Most teens that work out go to high school, and this makes it difficult to train. There are always projects due and tests coming up. For nearly all of you, friends can be a problem that you don't always want to deal with. They may be upset when they ask you to join them, and you turn them down. You could invite them to workout with you, after all, who wouldn't want big biceps and a big chest?
You need to train big if you want to get big. You probably have a fast metabolism because you're young. Shoot for 1 gram of protein and 3 grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight daily. These are necessary to build muscle. Here's an example of what a 150 lb teen should eat per day:
- 6 a.m. 2 cups of oatmeal, 2 cups skim milk, 2 egg yolks, 3 egg whites
- 9 a.m. 2 cups yogurt, peanut butter sandwich on 4 slices wheat bread.
- 12 p.m. Can of tuna mixed in mayo, on 4 slices whole wheat bread, handful of nuts and an apple
- 3 p.m. 2 bananas, protein shake in cup of milk
- 6 p.m. 5 oz steak, rice, salad
- 10 p.m. sugar free pudding mixed in two cups milk, bowl oatmeal, 2 egg whites
Many people excuse themselves from following a bodybuilding program because it's "too expensive" to consume "all that food." Here are some tips for building big muscles on a small budget:
- Buy carbs in bulk
- Never buy full price meat – wait for the next sale
- Shop using a grocery list so you don't buy on impulse
- Buy generic
- Don't throw anything away
- Make your own salads
- Limit purchases of nutritional supplements
- Learn to cook
Excluding bad form, one of the greatest errors seen in the fitness center is the use of complex workouts by beginner lifters. The professional bodybuilder you may be trying to emulate by doing this has trained for years, perhaps even decades, to attain his/her desired look or build. In addition, the majority of professional bodybuilders are enhanced with alternative medicine.
Bodybuilding from an early age is very beneficial, and it can set up a strong foundation on which you can build in years to come. Here are some tips for bodybuilding beginners:
- Consult your physician prior to starting any new workout program, particularly if you are overweight, have high blood pressure, or any other medical conditions.
- Don't start out too hard – make a program that you can keep on a regular basis.
- Start out with cardio – running, biking, swimming etc.
- Vary your workouts.
- To effectively train with weights and avoid injury, you have to become skilled at feeling the muscles being focused on.
- Flawless exercise form is more valuable to your development than lifting the heaviest weight you can pick up.
- The result from the synergistic blend of weight training, aerobics, good nutrition and motivational exercises goes far beyond the effects that would be experienced if any of the elements were left out.
If you would like to achieve something, let's face it, you require a plan. So what are some practical aspirations? First you need to appreciate that bodybuilding is a long-term commitment. Most of us set out to get larger, and we imagine ourselves being enormous after only a short period of time. For the regular person, it doesn't play out like that, and you have to set your sights on something smaller and more feasible.
Bodybuilding requires restraint, aspiration, inspiration and time. Without these qualities you will not attain the objectives you are seeking, but with determination, you could definitely follow in the footsteps of the world's leading bodybuilders.
The bodybuilder's number one foe next to training injuries is overtraining. A few of the indications of overtraining are:
- Reduced muscle size and strength
- Longer-than-average healing time after a workout
- High waking pulse rate
- High morning blood pressure
- Hand tremors
- Loss or reduction in desire for food
- Poor health
Once you see these warning signs, discontinue lifting and/or talk to a doctor. Take a week or two off, and once you feel better, you can start training again.
Steroid Use Among Teens
Teenage boys, chiefly those involved in athletics such as football and bodybuilding, make up the majority of high school steroid users. National surveys show that teenage girls are also susceptible to the temptation of steroid use. That temptation, however, has a catch – anabolic steroid use can have harsh physical and emotional costs for both males and females.
Are there safe ways to take steroids? This encyclopedia extract is a very basic, but accurate source of information on what the body does with steroids and what the drug does to the body.
- Steroids are essential compounds and they have a key responsibility in physical processes.
- Steroids affect metabolism and assist in developing some vitamins and other vital substances.
- Use of steroids may cause liver damage, high blood pressure, belligerent conduct and the manifestation of male physical characteristics in females and vice versa.
Bulk up naturally with correct exercise and good nutritional habits. If you require assistance with your diet, get in touch with your local hospital to find a qualified dietician - maybe one with a particular interest in sports nutrition.