Some people have real difficulties with fat loss. There is only one explanation why you're not losing body fat, and that is because you are not generating a constant caloric deficit. This is very hard to do unless you attempt it consciously and plan carefully. Recently there has been a bit of research into what's known as a "set point," which determines how quickly your body will defend its energy stores. Overweight and obese people tend to have high set points, particularly if they've been struggling with weight all their lives.
If you want better abs, you must know how to reduce your body fat. Here are some common myths you will encounter in your quest for the elusive six-pack:
- Spot reduction works
- More sit-ups = better
- Macro-nutrient diets actually do something other than make you unhealthy
- Only genetically gifted people can have good looking abs
- Only young people can have nice abs
- "I would have great abs, if not for my slow metabolism."
Somatyping is the process of classifying your body type into one of the three groups: ectomorph, mesomorph or endomorph. Wikipedia defines each somatype as this:
- People with an ectomorphic body type are slightly built and naturally thin with flat chests and poorly muscled limbs.
- People with a mesomorphic or athletic body type are husky, with hard and muscular bodies.
- People with endomorphic body types easily gain weight in the form of fat or muscles but have to work very hard to lose fat.
It's possible to be thin and still have high body fat levels. If you are on a high calorie diet and your body fat level is high, you will tend to gain more fat than muscle. If this describes you, you should go on a fat loss diet to lower your body fat. Everyone has the potential for great abs, but to see them you must remove the layer of fat covering them.
Want ripped abs? Then look no further. XYZ advanced transdermal formula is specifically designed to get rid of hard to lose abdominal fat. Our exclusive European formula combines the most advanced fat mobilizers available today, with beta and alpha-hydroxy acids that make your skin smoother as it works. Rub directly into skin until cream disappears. XYZ helps release stored fat into the bloodstream to be used as energy.
Actual ad copy for fat loss formula.
"Reducing your waistline and toning your abdominal area" often seems like the hardest thing in the world to do. People all over the world spend thousands of dollars per day attempting to accomplish the six-pack. You cannot spot reduce. Nearly everyone of us wants to believe that some amazing piece of equipment, or pills, will give us that toned tummy that the sexy girls and guys have in the ads for these types of products.
There are some supplements worth taking to support a good training and nutrition program. There have even been scientific studies proving that people who took ephedrine/caffeine pills lost more body fat than control groups who did not. Still, fat burning pills are unnecessary if your diet and training are in place, because pills cannot possibly help you to lose weight and keep it off in the long term.
The answer to good health and weight loss had been known for thousands of years and is simple. Combating the fat to become the lean, athletic person you want to be can be like a labyrinth, plagued with difficulties and dead ends. The ten fattest mistakes you can make are:
- Failing to make a firm decision to commit to weight loss.
- Putting too much emphasis on cardio
- Having a fear of the scale
- Living and dying by your body fat percentage
- Thinking that fat and carbohydrates are the only macronutrients to tweak in order to reach your goals
- Not taking a "before" picture
- Getting stuck in an all-or-nothing mindset
- Thinking you can undo overnight what took years of neglect to create
- Believing that supplements are the only way to lose fat
- Thinking that exercise alone will burn your fat off
Clean eating, cardio and hitting the weight room are the only surefire ways of keeping a tight waistline. Still, we hear questions such as:
- Can you give me an exercise that will get rid of the fat on my stomach?
- Can you recommend some exercises to make my arms, thighs and stomach smaller and also speed up my weight loss?
Are Low-Carb Diets The Best Way To Lose Body Fat?
Everywhere you look lately there are low carb bars, low carb drinks, low carb meal replacements, low carb frozen dinners and so on: it's no wonder there's such a buzz about these diets. The low carb vs. high carb question is still the topic of much debate, although there has been a vast revival in low carb/high calorie diets. So what's the deal?
Reducing carbohydrates really works, but too many people fail to take into account their goals and their unique body types and take the carb restriction too far. Zero carb or close to zero carb diets are total insanity! The other extreme, the high carb, very low fat diet isn't the best approach for bodybuilders either.
You will not need a diet that is too extensive if you just want to lose a few pounds. Research has shown that most of people who use "fad" diets will gain the weight back. These diets will certainly help you lose weight fast if you eat their foods, but what happens when you go back to the real world? Any successful weight loss will require a permanent change in eating and exercise habits.